• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Kunoichi

Need Help/Advice

Hey guys,

Well I'm about to go to Georgia for 2 weeks and will be staying at friends house. They are the messiest people that i know but if I am to see my friends and boyfriends, it is the only place I can stay. I will probably end up cleaning the house because otherwise it will drive me insane. Since I'm physically only able to stand for short periods and because I don't want to spend the 2 weeks, hidden in the back room (which I and my bf keep clean), I am willing to clean the house. I just don't know if that would be good for my health (medically or mentally).

Any advice on how to handle the urges and obsessing that I'll have while there? (this is the place where I cleaned while even wheelchair bound for 2 to 3 hours a day). Or am I resigned to the fact of having to hide in the back room?

And while I have a pretty odd view of clean (like when I say my room is messy, others say its just cluttered or needs "sprucing") I've had friends who wanted to call DCF on my other friends due to it. (they have a 3 year old). So yeah..puts me in a position. Which is why I may clean but I know minute I leave, it goes back to that mess. :/

Thanks for any suggestions you have, even if you don't have OCD, its appreciated!

Love ya

Kuno

Hey guys,

Well I'm about to go to Georgia for 2 weeks and will be staying at friends house. They are the messiest people that i know but if I am to see my friends and boyfriends, it is the only place I can stay. I will probably end up cleaning the house because otherwise it will drive me insane. Since I'm physically only able to stand for short periods and because I don't want to spend the 2 weeks, hidden in the back room (which I and my bf keep clean), I am willing to clean the house. I just don't know if that would be good for my health (medically or mentally).

Any advice on how to handle the urges and obsessing that I'll have while there? (this is the place where I cleaned while even wheelchair bound for 2 to 3 hours a day). Or am I resigned to the fact of having to hide in the back room?

And while I have a pretty odd view of clean (like when I say my room is messy, others say its just cluttered or needs "sprucing") I've had friends who wanted to call DCF on my other friends due to it. (they have a 3 year old). So yeah..puts me in a position. Which is why I may clean but I know minute I leave, it goes back to that mess. :/

Thanks for any suggestions you have, even if you don't have OCD, its appreciated!

Love ya

Kuno

How does distraction work for you?

Or maybe allow yourself to clean for an hour a day, and do what is bugging you the most?

That's why I stay in the back room because I can control that area in terms of keeping it clean. If the place I'm at is clean, my OCD is much more mild. And in my case, if I start cleaning for an hour, I can't just leave it. It is an all or nothing thing.

Amanda thank you for trying to help. :) I do welcome any ideas. I leave for there tomorrow and my bf took out 5 bags of trash and did the dishes that were threatening to fall over and apparently it still hasn't dented it -_-. I did tell him I would help clean tho when I get there....fun fun.

Amanda thank you for trying to help. :) I do welcome any ideas. I leave for there tomorrow and my bf took out 5 bags of trash and did the dishes that were threatening to fall over and apparently it still hasn't dented it -_-. I did tell him I would help clean tho when I get there....fun fun.

lol Well I don't have OCD but just kinda suggested what I do to get myself to clean :huh:

You'll just have to make sure the boyfriend takes you out often enough so that it doesnt bother you :D

Well i am now hiding in the backroom. It is far far far worse than I imagined. It amazes me they don't have bugs. So i told them i can't come out in this or else I will not be able to stand it mentally. They said they understood and they were going to clean (which I doubt they will do). So it's alright. At least I get to see my boyfriend a lot :)