• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
LLaura

OCD of Thought?

3 posts in this topic

I get stuck on some opinion, believe or idea and just won't let it rest, if only in my own mind. The new meds I'm on do help with this... at least slow it down to where I can recognize it and make adjustments, usually by telling myself to get off it, leave it be, etc.

But it interferes with sleep, and this is where I'm stuck for a solution. No matter how many times I try to tell myself to leave it be, I don't have to think about all that now; now is the time to sleep, not think; etc etc many times it persists, or will slow or even stop for a short while, only to start up again. :huh:

Last night it was going over and over and over again things that happened during the day; repeating conversations I've had and changing my wording around, trying to make it "perfect", and/or with better results... but it never seems perfect, and just goes round n round... and it just makes me insane, because I know what I'm doing (obsessing) and I try to yell at myself to just STOP! But then that leads to aggravation and anger at myself, which leads to increased anxiety over it all... then I really can't sleep. :(

Anyway, anyone have any ideas or opinions or advise on how I can better deal with this sitation, especially when I'm trying to get to sleep?

Thanks much.

LL

I get stuck on some opinion, believe or idea and just won't let it rest, if only in my own mind. The new meds I'm on do help with this... at least slow it down to where I can recognize it and make adjustments, usually by telling myself to get off it, leave it be, etc.

But it interferes with sleep, and this is where I'm stuck for a solution. No matter how many times I try to tell myself to leave it be, I don't have to think about all that now; now is the time to sleep, not think; etc etc many times it persists, or will slow or even stop for a short while, only to start up again. :huh:

Last night it was going over and over and over again things that happened during the day; repeating conversations I've had and changing my wording around, trying to make it "perfect", and/or with better results... but it never seems perfect, and just goes round n round... and it just makes me insane, because I know what I'm doing (obsessing) and I try to yell at myself to just STOP! But then that leads to aggravation and anger at myself, which leads to increased anxiety over it all... then I really can't sleep. :(

Anyway, anyone have any ideas or opinions or advise on how I can better deal with this sitation, especially when I'm trying to get to sleep?

Thanks much.

LL

Hi LLaura

I can so so relate to your above post i have exactly the same symptoms etc and i'm at the point im so exhasted due to lack of sleep during the day i cannot function to do the simpelest of chores

My cpn has told me on monday the obsessing re stupid things like if i think there is something not sitting right i get up and down out of bed not once but 40 or more times over and over i have to try repeating it is ok it dosent need done until you feel better , this though is easier said than done :huh:

Logically i know i am being so so silly but my brain just will not switch off

I wish i had more better words of support here to help but as i said atm i am in the same situation as yourself

I hope you feel better soon and again my apologies i'm not of much help in my reply here

love dino

xxxxxxxx

53002885.gif