• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
suzy-Q

Hello is any one there?

Hiya suzy-Q

Firstly a huge welcome to phobia support :)

Like you i also suffer monophobia along with agoraphobia and know just how very debilitating frightening etc this condition is

You ask where to go next i wish i could answer that as i have tried medication ,therapy , hypnosis all to no avail :mellow:

I find coming on here or going into chat help's as knowing other's in similar situations makes me feel i am not so alone B)

Please feel free to pm me anytime you want to talk welcome-2.gif

love dino

xxxxxxxx

Hi suzy-Q and welcome. I actually had to look up monophobia. Like Dino, I suffer from agoraphobia, but I actually cope better when I'm alone, no-one to judge or feel pressure from. I don't know where you go next, but I think you're moving in the right direction. You have a name for what you're feeling, it's no longer a scary monster with no name. You're trying to understand it more, and that's always a good thing.

This is a safe place for us all to come, to share, to ask advice, to laugh, to cry. It helps. It really does. Welcome.

Be well

Sunny

:):)

Hello Suzy Q !!

I suffer with Post traumatic Stress Disorder witch at first showed itself as agoraphobia .. then , when I was in my house afraid to go out ... I found myself afraid to be alone .. the mind is an amazing thing ... At first I tried to find places , that I would feel safe , maybe with one or two ppl I was comfortable with .. and from there ,, I became a volunteer in a local hospital , it has given me a great feeling of self worth and amazing friends that I would not have had staying in house.. Take it one day at a time, and you will figure out what is best for u ...

SO nice to meet you , and welcome ... we are never alone here .. so many who suffer similar as ourselves , it is good to know u are not alone in your feelings ... :)

Love ,

Flo xxx

welcome.jpg

I used to have monophobia and it was the most crippling symptom of my mental illness. I cried every time I was alone even when there was someone in the next room but the worst thing was that I would cry all night because even though I was in bed with my boyfriend I would feel alone because he was asleep. Unfortunately I can't offer any advice because those symptoms only went away because of my medication. I feel a bit teary typing this because it was a terrifying time. I hope you find something that helps because it is one of the worst time of my life. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gale ,

A huge Welcome !!  To the forum .. I am very sorry to hear of your fear of being alone , or is it just a very emotional feeling ??   U will be able to talk with others who suffer with fears and anxieties , in the Phobics chat room here is the link ,,, http://www.phobiasupport.com/ 

Also if you would feel more comfortable talking here it is fine .. Either myself or Dino will be on during the day ... I am a recovering PTSD sufferer , with Agoraphobia  .. just to let u know a bit about me..

Love,

Flo xxx

welcome.jpg

Hi Flo - thanks for the message =^.^=

Sertraline got me over my monophobia a few years back but my brain seems to be the opposite extreme now because I have agoraphobia and get really tired and stressed if I have to see anyone - even my longsuffering boyfriend who is on annual leave right now so I'm seeing a lot more of him while he's home for a few days. All of my mental problems are managed by me having a routine so him being home with me is a bit challenging but I need to get used to seeing people so I'm doing my best to relax x

Hi Flo - thanks for the message =^.^=

Sertraline got me over my monophobia a few years back but my brain seems to be the opposite extreme now because I have agoraphobia and get really tired and stressed if I have to see anyone - even my longsuffering boyfriend who is on annual leave right now so I'm seeing a lot more of him while he's home for a few days. All of my mental problems are managed by me having a routine so him being home with me is a bit challenging but I need to get used to seeing people so I'm doing my best to relax x

Hello Gayle ..

Happy to see you back , I am so sorry that you too suffer from Agoraphobia.  I do hope that you get to enjoy some time with boyfriend as he is home.... I had to set "safe places "   when I began to venture out of my house , that I felt most safe in , I am thinking that maybe with him home now , you may be able to go places with him, and find a " safe place  " so to speak ..  a place that you can go when he has gone back and feel safe among others .. So if you start out somewhere , maybe with a few people . I found that if I took an end seat , say as in Church or at Movies , I felt that I had a quick exit if needed ..

I hope that maybe , sharing my own ideas might help a bit , but do know you are not odd or alone in your feelings , so many people suffer the same .. Have a great day !! :) Will be looking for you again !

Love ,

Flo xxx safe_image.php?d=AQCihMFpB-A90-xh&w=470&