• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
k.c.

Looking for similar people

31 posts in this topic

Hi I'm kc and I am just seeing if there are other people like me out there. I suffer from ptsd, severe panic attacks that lead to fainting, night terrors, and paranoia. If any one thinks a little or a lot of that seems like what they've been diagnosed with please reach out. It's easy to feel alone with my diagnosis since I'm not just suffering from one issue, but many.it would be nice to actually be able to chat with someone who struggles with at least one of my issues too.

Thanks so much for reading :-)

Kc

Paranoid orchid

Hiya k.c.

A huge welcome to the forum ... i also suffer all the above along with G.A.D .... panic etc so i can relate a lot to how your feeling :mellow:

Please keep posting and let us know a bit more about how it affects you on a daily basis .... have you had counselling meds etc .... and hopefully myself and flo can help you in knowing your not alone

I myself have had about every prescription known to mankind to no avail have been housebound over 12 years or more daily tasks are a huge struggle due to me being so faint /dizzy 24/7 .... I was trying C.B.T .... but due to nhs cutbacks this has stopped meantime as where i live is remote and we have very few people trained to do this properly .... i also have a very underactive thyroid in fact i'm just a wreck ... I think i need a vet :o/>

Seriously this is no laughing matter but i try to retain a sense of humour ..i hope you keep posting and you do not feel your alone here on the forum :)

Again welcomedoggy-1.jpg

love dino

XxX

Yes I do go to counseling ever since tthe accident 4 years ago. Ive gone down to only a hand full for meds -on Xannex XR 6 mg every day as well as regular Xannex for any sudden triggered anxiety, on prasosin for the night terrors, on latuda for the paranoia, on adderall for the brain injury. I used to be on much more but if been pressing my doctors for less meds, they only do so much for me..The therapy on the other hand I think is helping for one it makes me go see other people at the therapy office once a week which is hard in itsself. Doing anything outside Is sstill so very out of my comfort zone it's practicly painfull tho... it's so hard to imagine that I could ever be capable of a simple greeting with a stranger.

:)/>/> :)/>/>

Hello k. c. :)/>/>

My name is Flo ,,and I want to welcome you to the forum ... I also suffer from PTSD >> and I was like u , at first I came to this site to see if I could see what I could learn as to why and what was actually happening to me.. This was after being hospitalized 3 x in a Behavioral Science Unit .. and the diagnosis at that time was Agoraphobia. with severe anxiety and paranoia .. I continued to see my Dr . and after months of still having reoccurring nightmare . one of two every night was when he changed Diagnosis to PTSD ..

I can relate to all that u told in your post .. so please know that you are far from alone .. and ppl who do suffer will understand u , and know the feelings u are living with .

I worked in the Operating Room and was the cause of my original breaking point ,, there was one surgeon , who was just horrible an inappropriate to me,, I took it for 8yrs before , while doing a case and scrubbed in next to him .. was the last and final straw that broke me .. that is a bit of my background so u know .. ok??

Please feel free to keep posting with any questions and most of all KNOW << U R Not Alone ..ok?? :)/>/>

Hugs to you ,,

Love ,

Flo xxx

Welcome.jpg :)/>/>

Hiya k.c

With regards to our pms earlier today .... i am the one to thank you for opening up and allowing me into a bit of what your going through .... i am as i said only to happy to help you as much as i can as i'm sure is flo :)

And again thank you for your beautiful words to me saying i had made a difference in your world today ....that to me made my day all the more special also :)

Hugsonalog_Creddys.gifto you

love dino

xXx

Hello floor

Thanks for your comment and giving me some background on your personal story.

You said you used to be like me, does that mean you changed over time for the better? If so, how long did it take for you to feel less paranoid (that's what my doctor says I am because of me feeling as if people are always starring at me and judging me and thinking because of that they must be thinking badly of me)

or feel less anxiety just to do simple errands?

Did your dreams ever subside? I have a reoccurring nightmare where I'm dieing in a slow motion car accident. I'm in the passenger seat and no one is at the wheel and I wake screaming. I dream this roughly 4 times a week, and I was wondering if it will ever stop.

And does ptsd usually come with nightmares and my other symptom s or did I just get really unlucky? Any info would be appriciated, I've never had the chance to talk to other people like me and actually have knowledge they are willing to share free of charge. I get told by my therapist ptsd is usually unpredictable which doesn't really tell me much and I have to pay for those words of useless advice

Thanks again for the response, I appreciate knowing other people's situations, it gives me something to compare my life to for the first time... it gives me a little hope which is hard to come by when I think about my future so thank you for taking the time to share what you've learned:-)

:)/> :)/>

k. c. :)/>

Yes I have changed for the better .. :)/> It has taken time /// IN beginning I would not go out of my house , MY Dr suggested to find my safety zone ,, YES << I too had to do that and mine was the hospital, that I spent 3 admissions in , and got my help, the proper meds to work for me,, it is sometimes hard to get the combination right , so they just keep working at it ..OK back to Safety Zone,, I would go to that hospital and sit in the lobby , with a book ,,and pretend to be reading as I really couldn't concentrate while there ,:(/> but it gave me exposure like u say u got at DRs office.. so start like that ...

I also was and still to some extent am paranoid , not like before tho .. it does get less , when I am overtired , I find that my limits , that I have come to build myself up to .. have been passed by ,, so then I have more paranoid thoughts ..so be sure to rest every day .. I think it is important .

Now the nightmares,, I believe that in order , or it was at the time I was diagnosed, to be classified as PTSD , u have to have the reoccurring nightmares for several months .. and YES :)/> they do eventually get less frequent and eventually disappear , unless Like I said before , overtiredness , or a trigger .. may bring them back BUT not for good ,, just for a night or two,, then gone again ,, it may take time for them to be gone all together so be patient ,,ok?? :)/>

Yes with PTSD , usually u suffer with other phobias ... like my Agoraphobia , fear of leaving house or if out fear of not getting home, all different for each person .. also high anxiety and paranoia . SO u r not just unlucky .. u r very lucky to be getting help .. those who do not are the unlucky ones, so keep on and talk with support people .. hobbies are helpful .. I crochet , was one I stared out doing , kept my mind busy and I had something nice to show for my work , so if u have any kind of interests such as that will help . ok ?? :)/>

I hope that I have helped a bit in answering and not making things too confusing for u it is all a " One Day At A Time " thing , the healing process ... so remember u r not alone .. u have friends here now , in Dino and myself we know what it is to feel the way u do .. Hugs xxx

Love ,

Flo xxx

10494609_726491334092290_8504409754673654859_n.png

Thanks for all the answers can't tell u how much I appreciate your advice:-)

It sounds scarry but the safety zone idea would be like exposure therapy, right?

How long did you start out spending in the hospital lobby at once?

Was thinking about trying the library as mine and was wondering how long sitting would be helpful but not turn into a trigger in itself.

Also I try to get good sleep but my dreams leave me feeling as if I never get any good deep sleep.

About the nightmares.. do triggers earlier in the day have the ability to affect sleep later that night?

And yes I will try my best to be patient with the progress

So multi - symptoms is considered common with PTSD? I wouldn't have guessed that

You actually gave me valuable insight by sharing your symptoms with me.. u see I realized that I have a huge fear of not getting home but I've never told my doctors or even my mother so thanks for helping me bring one big fear out in the open

Also I agree with you, the people that can't get help are the unlucky ones, I feel awfull about there not being enough help out the for them.

Crocheting sounds like fun.. I have hobbies, I weave, draw, and have a small garden. I'll keep my hobbies on my mind when I am having troubles

Your words were so insightful even tho this is a one day at a time thing, I feel like dino and you have helped me figure out a ton of things already. Meeting you both has already made me think about your advice and how I can put it to use. I'm so glad, blessed even, I found this website and was actually brave enough to ask for help

Thanks for your time and compassion

Hug:-)

Kc

Paranoid orchid (@)

:)/>/>/>/>/>/>/> :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/> :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

OH k.c. !! I am so happy that I have helped in some way ,, it makes me feel so good ... :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/> This is what the forum is about to get together and learn from each other .. I have to tell u that I met Dino the first night I went on and I thought I was too old to be here,, but she stopped me, and made me feel soo welcomed :rolleyes:/>/>/>/>/>/>/> I thank God for the friendship we have made through this ... and that she made me feel worthwhile ... so u see it is a good thing to be among people who do understand what u r going through . ... OH >> U might be wondering ?? How old am I ? LOL > I am 65 yrs old .I was I think in mid 50's when I met her ..maybe younger...? So that is how long we have been going as friends :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

I would say yes to exposure therapy , maybe being like that of going to a place. but I have not heard that as been so long since I have had any counseling , I do still see my Dr every 6mos for medication maintenance, and a visit for him to evaluate how I am doing , it is a funny thing when I first met him .. I had no clue but over the years ,, I have learned that he is a year younger than me,, LOL > so we have grown to our older years together ... it is a good thing to be Blessed with a Dr who really knows and understands u .. Your question about the time to spend at a place,, and By the way Library sounds very good for a safety zone .. quiet , so no loud noises. not sure if they bother u , but I was very bothered by them , and still jump at any loud unexpected noise.. :o/>/>/>/>/>/>/> so let me know ,, do u also ?? IT is not anything really that is a huge problem , something we can live with ..

As for triggers during the day ... I believe yes they can affect your sleeping and right now ,, yes bring on nightmares as u did say they r still about 4 a week .. so do not be alarmed by that ..

I think the best thing u have going for u is you're not afraid to look for help .. U will find us here usually every day .. Today my Father had to have a heart procedure done at hospital .. and I was there most of morning and afternoon ... I must say going into the hospital that I had my initial prob at ... hs now finally been ok with me the last couple times,, I said I would never go there again , but the Lord works in funny ways . when someone u love needs to be there.. U will do things u never thought u would .. :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/> !!! ANd I truly believe He puts people in our paths in life to help us along our way though our recovery ... soo true ..If u remember these words I say .. I bet in time u will say >> WOW >> she was right ,, :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Take care k.c.

Love ,

Flo xxx

night95666.gif

:o/>/>/> :o/>/>/> OH Dino ... Yes,, I did forget that U have taught me all my Scottish I know ... thx.. and k.c. she is indeed a bonny Scotswoman !! :)/>/>/>

That was a very good addition Dino the link with Nightmares ... thx and will be very helpful ... We do look after each other k.c. .. so when one forgets the other remembers.. LOL>> good we are not forgetting on same days ... ;)/>/>/>

Will be looking forward to your next reply k.c. !!!

026.gif... Dino !!! :)/>/>/>

Love ,

Flo xxxx

Flo,

Yes I do get severe panic attacks when I hear loud noises. Some of my worst attacks are because of this but not much I can do about noises like that, they happen and I just have to get used to them I guess.

I hope your father is doing well, I think u were very brave going back there.

Ive been thinking about the safety zone thing and am having second thoughts on it, the library is just too new and I'm just not that strong.

Dino I will try and look up that site about nightmares

Thanks guys

Flo my mom has volunteer to go with me to the library. Maybe I will be able to make it my safety zone after all

:)/>/> :)/>/>

k.c.

I am so happy that your Mom is going to go with you to the library .. This will help u to find out if it feels right to u ... and if not , think of a place u have been lately that may have been ok to sit there,, and maybe read or spend a bit of time , with not much anxiety .. and stay a bit , and if it feels right for u ..try again next day .. and try to stay longer.. oK?? :)/>/> xx

Thanks for your concern , my Father is doing well ,, I think the procedure is a wonderful thing , he had a stent to keep his blocked artery open in his heart .. and It was something I had to be there for .. and I think when u have a loved one somewhere they need to be , and it was a prob for me before , it turned out to be a good thing I saw so many old friends I worked with .. made me feel good,, was a time I thought all of them didn't understand .. :(/>/> BUT they did ... was nice to get hugs from them all .. :)/>

The sensitivity to noise,, It was referred to a Startle Reflex .. and is common with people who suffer from anxiety .. so try not to worry about that , it will not be as bad as it is in time.. U see how all things related to this take time.. ?? The key to wellness again . One Day at a time.. .

I am going to be waiting to hear how your outing at the library went .. Thinking of you and wonderful to have a very Supportive Mother ..:)/>/>

Love ,

Flo xxx

flower-thinking-of-you.gif

Hey can one of you guys explain how to include pictures/graphics with my posts, I'm jealous. Hehe

Kc

ParanoiD orchid

Hi K.c

Hope this link here helps :)

love dino

xXx

Dino ,, Thx ,.. for that link for k.c. I typed instructions all out before bed,, LOL>> was so tired I looked to preview post and saw it looked good and off I went ,,, :(/> never clicked add reply .. Heart in right place,, mind sleeping ..

blkgreetings14.gif k.c. <3

Love Flo ,

xxxxx

k.c. Have missed u last couple days hope all is well with u ... :)/>

Have a great afternoon and evening ... 10624673_539925666107842_4730699299814945111_n.jpg

Also let us know if u have figured out the posting of pics ..>??

Love ,

Flo xxx

No I haven't figured out the pic thing yet.

Sorry its been so long. I had to go to the dentist and I kinda mentally shut out the world before and after. Its a huge phobia of mine but I had to go my front tooth broke in half. I'm still recovering from the trauma and the visit was 4 days ago I haven't even gone out on my back porch which is sad thanks for the well wishes

hi K.c

i just seen you were online and i have pmed you regarding pics as noticed you were having trouble

Hope you feel a bit better soon re your trauma of having to go to the dentist

love dino

xXx

860422gdbmr6gn7x.gif

:(/>/> :(/>/> :(/>/>

k.c. So sorry about your trip to dentist ,,, I too when I was young had a horrible fear of Dentist, One time ,, Mother was looking for me,, and I knew was almost time,, to go , so ran around the block to hide from her .. younger brother chased me home with a baseball bat ,,, :(/>/> , so I feel your panic and anxiety re Dentists ... :(/>/>

Hopefully all is well now and be a long time before u have to go again ... HUGS... :)/>/> xxxx

15.gif

Love ,

Flo xxx

Hey girls just wanted to update you on how I'm doing, I had to go to the doctor because I had an inner ear and putter ear infection. Suprizingly I did it without a panic attack for the first time and I think it had to do with opening up to you both. Talking to people who have been in my shoes has made me feel less alone and more well, normal and less like a weak, damaged goods kinda person. So thanks for being their for me even though you didn't know me. I appreciate all your time and advise.

Thanx so much

Kc

Paranoid orchid

Hello k.c. :)/>

So sorry to hear that you have been ill with ear infections .. and Great Job .. on no Panic Attack!! Wonderful .. !!

I am so happy that u feel by opening up to us , that u now feel so less alone ,It really helps talking to people who r in your shoes so to say , who know the feelings and can let you know that it is not any thing different than we have felt and u are from from different or whatever name anyone may put to what we suffer.. :)/> .

ALso Dino is under the weather having issues with a medical problem and will get back to you . She is needing a lot of rest right now . SO know that she too is thinking of you ... :)/>

Take care,

Love ,

Flo xxxx

1621752_735698769788675_748809852_n.jpg?oh=c314c626790ec64a3a1b718fe9711a9e&oe=54956A93

Hi. I have crippling social anxiety. Talking to people makes me extremely uncomfortable even though I would love to have a friend and someone to talk to. Feel like I'm crazy. I get panic attacks too. It's hard to find similar people. Most people can't relate. It's tough.

Hello December ,

I am sorry it has taken so long to answer this ... First let me tell you , that you are not by any means crazy .. IT sounds like you're very lonely , and yet the thought of talking to someone makes u uncomfortable, that is just as u say Social Anxiety .. It as many of the other disorders , most of us suffer , is very crippling :(   .. The panic attacks are also very unpleasant .. Let me just start out by saying I do relate to all that u r describing here .. I myself suffer from PTSD .. with Agoraphobia ... I have been under Drs care and on medication for all of it for now 20yrs .. I cannot believe that it has been that long ago, I remember thinking , I would never be able to be " right "  again . So you can see that it has been a struggle , but now I am just about living a normal life with some limitations ..

Let me ask you do you see a Therapist or a Dr for this ?   It is tough to feel like anyone understands and u will find that people who have been through any of the disorders or the panic , anxiety and depression that go along with most of them , will be able to understand every word you are saying ,the feeling you are describing they have had so can relate ..

Do get back to me , also Dino is a good person to talk to , she understands these feelings and is a super nice person .. !!

SO I will end by saying Welcome and as it is Jan 1, 2016 ... a very Happy New Year to you .. :)   xxxx

Flo xxx

welcome_089.gif