• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

I am new to this chat room. I am so happy that I found this site. I have been suffering from OCD since childhood, and 6 years back I developed hypochondria after a traumatic event. I'd like to get to know everyone on here :) 

Edited by Enjoy life
I would like to be notified when I get an answer.

Hi Enjoy life

Firstly a huge welcome to phobia support

Secondly i am so sorry to read of your OCD and Hypochondria ... i myself along with being totally housebound due to Agoraphobia ,gad etc also have severe health Anxiety and OCD

Can i ask do you see any counselors are are you on medications ..i was but none seemed to work

I  also hope you pop into the chat room where hopefully others there can also help you ..

Again a huge welcome-2.gif

love dino

xXx

Hi dino, I am doing CBT for my hypochondria. It is really making a difference, but it is still going to be a long road. I am also on 25mg of Zoloft (a really low dose). It is helping me feel less anxious, but new studies are showing OCD is a brain abnormality and medication won't correct it. 

What at have you done that has helped you? Have you ever tried ERP therapy (Exposure Response Prevention)? 

Hi Enjoy Life 

Sorry for my late reply ... where i  live there is no CBT counselors so i very much doubt there would be ERP  available where i am :(

I have tried hypnosis many drugs over the years and as i said all to no avail ..having an underactive thyroid and diabetes doesn't help either

I wish you well on your  cbt course and look forward to updates on your progress 

best wishes 

dino x