• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Pog

Where are the newbies?

Our core is as strong as ever but we don't seem to be getting any newbies in. There are people out there who need our help and have no idea on how to access us. Thats sad. I know this is all new and a lot of work has to be done to put it together, which I can do little to help. But if you can get them here then I can help. Tech needed. Oh and why I'm on the soap box I'd like to mention the radio is not available for everyone. I guess I said enough for now. Tnx admin.

.......Love You All.....Pog

Hiya pog

The good news is we are now on Google and i see a few members kindly advertising us via there face book pages so fingers crossed newbies shall join us soon :)

As i promised i e mailed Admin regarding your lack of radio so hopefully soon you will be singing along to some happy tunes again once he sorts out the problem :)

love dino

xxxxxxxx

There isnt a place for us newbies to introduce ourselves. I noticed that when I joined. The people who run this forum should include that place here so newbies can post after they join.

Here's my intro.

Hi. I just joined here. I'm an Australian guy who is agoraphobic.I have chronic fatigue syndrome that is severe and it keeps me at home.I've been housebound since the year 2000.I have mild OCD.

You're welcome to compare notes.

Edited by Denv12
forgot to click on notify me of replies.

I  do check in everyday  but I don't know what to say .I am so afraid  of saying something wrong or stupid.However I am here for anyone who needs to talk .I have mentioned before how much I love to help people if I can. One thing I like to mention is I am planning on going out on Christmas day to my sons house.That is a big step for me considering I am an agoraphobic, among other mental illnesses. which I do have.Thanks for listening.May all of you have a very happy holiday season.Stay safe and well.Oh yes I am feeling somewhat anxious because of a winter storm heading our way this coming Sunday, This always happens to me I get weather anxieties. Well maybe I did have something to say I just hope it didnt sound stupid,

candie_caness_merry_xmas_sants.JPG

ACHRI.JPG

Hi Denv12

Firstly my apologies for my late reply i have been layed up with an agonising slipped disc - I to suffer ME along with severe agoraphobia and i have added panic anxiety and depression

My oldest daughter lived in Australia for over 4 years travelling all around and loved it  - I have posted the link below for our chat room in the hope others there may also be of some help 

Here is the link for our chat room :) please find rules under chat section posted by admin thank you :)

http://phobiasupport.com

PS Carol where i live in Scotland we do not have thanksgiving - i hope you to are doing well 

Love dino 

xXx

I just joined the group.  I have severe agoraphobia and don't leave the house.  It started not long after having a series of ECT treatments, which cause me to forget large chunks of my life. People I should know, things I did, pretty much all of the prior 2 years, but also many .  The reason I bring this up is because I am so afraid that I will come across some social situation in the world that I should know how to handle, and won't recognize them.  I'm afraid driving that there is some rule I've forgotten, that out in the world I am gradually regaining some memories, but it's not a scientific process.  I started doing the Monday NYT crossword again because I used to be able to do Mon-Wed, and it makes so many cultural references that help me remember.  I don't have extended family, and I have only a few friends, which I don't even want to call most of the time, even though they are really, really good friends.  Does anyone else not leave the house?

Firstly a huge welcome to phobia support , secondly i am so sorry to read you have agoraphobia - i myself suffer from this and have been housebound over 15 years  :mellow:

I was trying cbt by going out in my mental health workers car -but atm this has stopped due to me having a slipped disc and my severe panic attacks 

Do yo mind me asking if you take any medications and if so do they help - I myself have tried just about every medication all to no avail :(

Again a huge 154welcome.gif

love dino

xXx