• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
dino

Does this sound like panic

Hi all

Only me to ask if anyone else here gets for no reason huge huge panic attacks that last for hours on end as to be honest you'd think by now after all this years i should be used to this by now but im not

I will try explain as brief as i can whats going on here in the hope someone can reassuring me its only anxiety /panic please don't say you think i need a doctor cos i have severe health anxiety also cant get out to see one and think everyday i am dying :o

This last few months have been very stressful with family illnesses , deaths etc :mellow:

My constant dizziness has lead me from being five years housebound to virtually bed bound i try everyday to get out of bed but the simplest of tasks leaves me so drained within an hour my body is on verge of collapse and i need to lie down again and again , i have tried to tell myself the reason for this maybe due to being so inactive for over 5 years but to no avail i fear a heart attack , in fact i fear everything

My varied symptoms are exhaustion, weakness, dizziness, tinnitus, ibs, food sensitivities, hypoglycemic type symptoms, sensitive to light, and sound breathless, low iron, virus in white blood count the list goes on, but these are my worst. I am at the moment mostly bedridden and have to have the doctor visit me at home, the nurses come to my house to do bloods

Even in bed i can be trying watch telly when wham out the blue i feel i cannot breathe then comes the panic so intense im ashamed to admit at times i have thought ok enough's enough take a od but im even to scared to do that cos im petrified to die but at the same time im like the line in that song the rose and the soul afraid of dying never learns to live :blink:

The guilt i have i cannot be left with our son for ten mins alone and if poor hubby has to go shopping im now relying on taking extra sleeping pills to try and sleep or be a bit calmer until he gets home , the ativan does nothing i told the doc this hes said he wants me off all meds as obviously there doing nowt i agree but withdrawal from lorazapam and zopliclone i swear hes trying kill me off as i know it is going to give me even more panic if that is possible

ok i have said enough here i must sound like a right fruitcake so i will shut up for now

sorry to go on and on

love dino

xxxxxxxx

Hi Dino

No you don't sound like a fruitcake and yes it sounds like panic. I guess panic hit's us all diffently, I'm pretty much in a perpetual state of anxiety but when I panic I know why...requires being crowded my unfamiliar people and never happens at home. I can understand why you feel tired, stress takes a lot out of us because were always tense. Wish I had some good answers but have never been even able to help myself so doubt that I'd qualiy for being a help to others. Glad you got ur hubby there for support, he sounds like a prince of a guy. Please try ur best to keep the ugly thoughts in check, been down that road and it took me me a lot longer for me to forgive myself then it did for friends and family to forgive me. As far as getting up and about all I can say is push urself to do it and reward urself for the effort. Hope you feel better each day then you did the day before.

....luv ya.....Pog

Hey dino hun

Well I'm not a doc so obviously I can give you educated guesses. I do think it sounds like a combination of panic (perhaps anemia, given your iron count), inactivity and being bed bound can lead you to having a lot of problems when trying to get up and perform the simplest of tasks. Unfortunately the only way around that is to get up and be active. I wish I had answers for you hun, You know I deal with the medical illnesses too so its difficult to see where one ends and the other begins sometimes. You are definitely not a fruit cake. I don't know if you have already tried therapy (both mental and physical) to see if that may be of some use, but if you haven't, it may be worth a shot. Just vent out as much as you need hun. We are here for you

*HUGS*

Kuno

Thank you pog and kuno for your kind replies :)

Sorry for my late response but as usual been so dizzy barely been able to get out bed again all week , all i know is i cannot take another year of this so am going push doctors to look into my thyroid etc after xmas if i do not croak beforehand :huh:

I know i try to make light of way im feeling but seriously even with daughter home earlier i had to say to her Denise mums going faint sorry and again the tachycardia etc lead to massive panic lasting for hours just typing this im here crying like a old fool :huh:

For some reason the more i try to do the worse my symptoms get even the simplest of tasks leaves me drained , couple of posts and im so dizzy again i feel im about to die yet rarely i can on the odd occasion stay up longer 3 hours if no dizziness its like heaven but still cant go a walk omg sorry im such a whining cow i will shut my gob now lol :o

love dino

xxxxxxxx

000_thanyyou.gif

Hi Dino

Know how you feel but not because I've had it.....my wife had the dizzys for years. It eventually got to the point where the doc ordered up a wheelchair for her. She told him she didn't need it and he told her that I needed her to use it when we went out because he could see me stressing every time she stood up or changed directions. She even got dizzy while laying down. They never did figure it out for her so I can't be much help......but I can send my luv and hopes that they resolve it for you. May you have a phenominal Christmas also.

....luv ya.....Pog

Dino hun my heart goes out to you xxx They are sending me to a teaching hospital for my stuff because they haven't a clue. Its okay to cry, vent, and let it all out here, you know that. xxx My only suggestion is to do what you can when you can and rest when you have to. I think the panic may be a sub issue (not causing everything) and I hope the doctors can check out the thyroid or anything else that it could possibly be. I don't know if they do teaching hospitals there too but maybe you can ask doc to send you there to figure out what's wrong? *HUGS* hun

Love you

Kuno

So sorry you're going through all that Dino, I know how horrible it is.

Think your idea of pushing the docs to further testing is a good idea, not saying that because I think you need a doc, as Pog and Kuno said, it does sound like panic, but I say it because having good results back can really make the panic attacks easier to deal with, I felt so much better about heart symptoms after getting an ecg and it all being fine.

Having that knowledge allows you to listen to yourself when you're saying 'I'm fine, this is panic, it will pass' and helps to drown out those nagging voices that contradict you.

You do need to push them though, there are some great docs out there, but sadly a lot do allow chronic mental health problems to plateau or fester, 'as long as you're not raving and needing the hospital it's ok' type thing, so speak up and make yourself heard.

Really hope this gets better for you soon mate, here's to a better 2011.