• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
xmascarol25

Seasonal Agoraphobia

I was wondering if anyone seems to get worse with there agoraphobia during the fall and winter season? It does with me matter of fact many a  times I had to cancel doctors appointments because of it.Needless to say my doctor was not all to happy about it.Why can't the doctors realize that sometimes it is just not an option for us to even leave the house.Mine  gets to be so bad then I am afraid to go anywhere.Sometimes I get so confused and cry.I know I am a very insecure and sensitive person.but this is so annoying to live with.People will look at me like I am strange because I keep to myself.Well there is a reason for that.. I live in senior housing  get my drift?? Anyway like to hear if anyone else's agoraphobia is worse or not.Then if I know if  a storm is coming I have non stop panic attacks,I hate being stuck inside but yet at the same time just the thought of going out is very frightening for me..However if I can or manage to go and see my doctor I talk up a storm on the way there because it keeps my mind from wondering.I wont think of being scared.Oh the poor driver lol.

a sweety.JPG

hi again carol 

with regards to your other post i am so sorry about the loss of both your bereavements

my agoraphobia etc is just worse all year round - I have been housebound bed-bound over 15 years have tried every medication under the sun to no avail 

I to have lost my father and lots of other family members which has impacted hugely on my life 

I also have a severally disabled son and three other grown up children i even panic when they come to visit -my husband is our sons main carer and mine also 

even being in doors i panic about nothing - cbt here is to put it bluntly crap -when they try to force me into a car then say i am doing well every 3 weeks for ten minutes hanging on for dear life to the door of the car in fact im like something possessed the panic with the movement sets my panic of a million times more 

that is a part of my story i could go on and on about how i swear to much its a Scottish thing also a defense barrier for me as i get so so distressed my temper explodes 

I was diagnosed with a very low thyroid last year along with diabetes - only was told this after i demanded further bloods were taken - was also weaned of lorazopams which the doctors gave me to much of for years on prescription which i stupidly  took thinking they knew best 

Sons been in out hospitals had 32 operations but smiles through all life throws at him 

ok enough about me stay strong and know your not alone on here  

love dino 

xXx

Hi carol,

The time change always affects me - getting dark early makes me so uneasy.  I love the beginning of July when it is light outside till about 8:30 at night.  When it is dark at 5:00 in the afternoon - forget it.  Thank God for Christmas with the lights outside the house, candles in the windows and the Christmas tree to brighten things up.  

I believe it affects me because of my fear of the night and the dark. 

And Dino -- I am so sorry about your son being so ill and of all the anxiety, agoraphobia you have.  Being in a car is very hard for me - I work from home, and my husband takes me where I need to go - but I am still very anxious about being in the car.  I am happiest right at home.  I dont leave the house too often, I can go about two miles from my house comfortably - then it is very hard for me.   My husband has recently be diagnosed with Cancer - so I am going with him to Cancer Center which is like ten miles away....very hard to do - but I HAVE to do it.  I take a xanex before I go - and I am also on Celexa daily for my anxiety, I too have PTSD, some agoraphobia. 

Hi  dino.I am so sorry that u lost your dad to.and that your son is so ill.Believe me I do understand how you feel.I have a son and daughter and they could care less. How sad is this he lives only about ten minutes away and i never get to see him or my  granddaughter or grandson ,they are both very young.One will be six in Oct and the other will be four in Nov.I understand how you feel because I am very anxious  when they do come. Isn't awful how we are afraid of our own kids? I love them to pieces I also have a daughter whoops I already mentioned that.sorry. I also have diabetes type two. I feel so bad for you.I will send you a hug if that is alright.When my husband passed away he died in front of me I saw him take his last breath ugh.He wouldn't let me call the ambulance see he had parkinsons.I had to take care of him believe me it wasn't easy he was a very heavy man and I am heavy myself.Just like my mom who is 90 she was taking care of my dad before he died. The sad thing is he spend half a day before in the emergency room and the doctors then he was sent home they said he was okay. Then he passed away the next day. My mom and I really don't see eye to eye that much but I had to try to forgive her.SHe is all alone and she needs me now.So I call her everyday. If you need to vent you go right ahead it won't bother me at all.I care about you. I just wish that things could be better for you.This disorder stinks I was on lorazapam to for awhile but now I am on klonopin meds are getting to costs a lot but what can you do we need our meds.I would go nuts without them. Please take   care,Love Carol

Hi Ellen, have you noticed how early it is getting dark out?Soon it will be getting dark around 4 ugh.I love Christmas u know that and my tree too,I put my tree up early because it brightens my day and mood.It takes away the sadness for at least a little while.I do hope we have a warm winter.Soon  I will be stuck inside then again I havent sat outside for a week already.Haven't felt much like it at all.So darn depressed.Soon it will be halloween,then thanksgiving and Christmas my birthday and favorite holiday >Christmas should be all year long .here is a xmas pix to put all in the mood .

ACHRI.JPG

• Like 1

Hiya,

Being Agoraphobic I've not been able to visit my doctor, but know I'm low on Vitamin D so just started to take them and so far so good, it's only been two weeks so will let people know if they have been a help,

I have real problems with sleep and Vit D is supposed to help, It is also supposed to help lift your mood so will report back and let you know if it really worked :)

Admin.

• Like 1

Hi again everyone 

I cannot get klonopin or xanax here but as i said i seem to have a low intolerance to any medications -let me know how the vitamin d goes admin -but i doubt id get some reaction to that also :(

Love to all sorry this is so short it is so humid and warm here i cannot be on computer long as i so faint Hubby did buy a fan but its not much good in this humidity -that along with hot flushes i am doomed :lol:

Thank you all for your sweet words - 

Take care all 

love dino 

xXx

Hi i hope you feel better dino.It is very hot and warm here to.It can be very uncomfortable I do have a ac but I just cannot feel it.Then a few minutes ago we lost power which triggered an awful  yelling and anxiety attacks big deal we have a generator  the computer goes out and it has to be rebooted then so does the tv so annoying the last couple of days have just been so god awful for me.I tried to controllmy anger but i just can't.A  few times they use to threaten eviction because i yell ,I aint hurting anyone.it is part of my illness ,I am so sick and tired of being treated like a bad person just because I am ill mentally.

I have to check and see if i have any vitamin D. 

Hello,

Well Vit D is working for me, I'm more active and don't tend to lose my temper as much, it's coming on for about three months but I can tell something is working,

I'm usually sceptical about such things, but as well as Vit D I've also started to eat fruit.

Again will keep people updated.

ps: coming up to dark nights and mornings so will notice any difference.

This is only my third day i do feel somewhat better hey I even went outside and sat for about an hour and a half even though it was to cold out now last week I couldn't even do that. Here is already dark by seven.I don't mind though.Hey at least i haven't yelled for about what two and half weeks now,which for me is good. Hope you have a nice day.Thanks for letting us know about vitamin d..