• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
mrsellen

Hi, I am Ellen

Wow - I went down the threads to see the different "rooms" to post in - when I got to the bottom - and saw the phobias - fear of water - CHECK, fear of dogs - CHECK, fear of cats - CHECK, fear of bridges - CHECK, fear of thunder and lightning - CHECK --lets add in elevators, embankments, highways, driving -- I think I have found a home.

I was in another anxiety forum at "about.com" but it shut down about a year ago.  I have had anxiety, panic attacks - I have PTSD, some agoraphobia, I have intrusive thoughts with OCD, since I was 21 - now I am age 53 -- so its been a long life of being afraid.  Recently, very recently, my husband has been diagnosed with Cancer - in his tonsils, lymph node.  he has had surgery and is getting ready for chemo and radiation.  I am so afraid of small talk - and now I am the one making phone calls, talking to doctors, nurses, etc.  which is very hard to do - but I am doing it - because of course, I have to do this for my husband.  I have an adult daughter and two grandchildren - my daughter has anxiety and my granddaughter has a generalized anxiety disorder too - she is only age ten.  Anxiety disorders really run in my family,,,,mother had it, I remember an aunt with it.  

right now my stomach is bothering me  - I am guessing it is all the stress with my husband being ill  - my husband does the driving, takes care of the house - trash, lawn, snow - you know - the "guy stuff" so I depend on him a lot - and he is very good about my anxiety - very good about it.  I work from home - for 14 years now, which works very well for me.

I know the other newest member - xmascarol - from our previous forum - and she and I have stayed in touch thru emails - lots of emails every single day --- she is my one and only friend - and a great support to me. 

Hi Ellen

Firstly a huge welcome to phobia support

Secondly i am so sorry to read of your problems and about your husband being so ill 

Can i ask do you see any counselors are are you on medications ..i was but none seemed to work

I  also hope you pop into the chat room where hopefully others there can also help you ..

Again a huge welcome-2.gif

love dino

xXx

Hello Ellen ,

I would like to say a Very Big Welcome to you !!     I am also very sorry to hear of your Husband's problems with the Cancer .. I do hope that things go well for him...

It sounds like you have many phobias , but I too have PTSD, and I learned that with that ,it is normal to have many disorders of all kind .

Mine started 22yrs ago .. I am under Drs care still for medication maintenance .  It is not easy to suffer from any of these things .. so I hope that you will find the help here.. I did and have made

great friends that I have had for 10 yrs now .   So yes tell us more about the treatment you are getting .

Flo   xxx

Image result for welcome