• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

I started having panic attacks when I was 8 years old, bad childhood, and by 33 started on medication, once I understood what was happening. Present day 14 years later-- my panic attack disorder seems to get worse so medication is increased. The medication works 90 percent of the time. I am trying to get past the main problem of my depression of how to accept it, instead of crying that it won't go away. Has anyone got past this ?? And how ??? Also how I have given this to my child even though I have given her a great childhood, but with bullying which I stopped once she told me, she has social anxiety. I feel selfish I had a kid knowing she would get this since it is genetic. Any comments welcome

Hi and welcome I have had anxieties now for over 35 years I take klonopin it helps some but if it develops into a panic attack forget it nothing seems to help me. I so wish I could help you with your depression  I am on meds for that to,they say to try vitamin d ,It seems to liven up my spirits some,to be honest there are days when I don't even want to face anyone. I cry and I have no clue as to why.I suppose part of it is because I feel like one big failure.One thing I can say it is not our fault we have this illness even though I know at times it may seem like it. I recently lost my dad two months ago and my late husband has been gone now for over 12 years and I know that is part of what causes my depression. It is so hard to get over it.May  I suggest something now it always doesn't work but try to lay down when you feel bad take a deep breath think of something you really enjoy it could be something from your pasts or even now,See with me it is the beach I try to picture myself walking along the beach like early in the morning when the water is so calm it looks like glass and the sun is rising just the calmness of the ocean makes me feel relaxed.Or say you liked a amusement park think of when you use to ride on the rides ,Just anything that will make you feel happy. Gosh I wish I could get pasts this.I just do  this and it may sound korny a  lot of praying NOt that it will make it go away but i just feel better doing it. Visual therapy might help you some with the depression may I asks do you have anxieties as well? I am also bipolar and have a mood disorder so sometimes I tend to yell but so far for over three weeks now I have been able to control it otherwise they will evict me,Which is not right i feel like I am being discriminated against because of my mental illness. Do you ever feel that way? I hope I was able to help you some,my name is Carol and if you ever need to talk to me that is fine.. I know sometimes just talking to someone makes me feel better.

I pray a lot and my husband reads the bible every night. That makes me feel great. I hate that depression is something you are not suppose to talk about because you might be called unstable. I had depressed parents who gave it to me, nothing I can do but try and control this panic disorder/ generalized and social anxiety. Now I don't drive anymore for the last 14 years. Don't want to pass out driving again. Well that's my day today. Thanks Carol. It helps a lot

I understand how you feel for some reason this weekend i feel so darn depressed.thinking about my late husband doesn't help any.I feel like all I want to do is sleep because the only time to get away from the depression and anxieties are when I sleep,Although there are times when I will have a really bad anxiety dream.I don't drive either haven't for years wish the doctors would just try to understand when we cannot come in because we either are to sick or just don't have a way of getting there and around here if you do not see them in a certain amount of time they won't give you your meds no matter how sick you are.Please feel free to talk to me anytime.Carol

Hiya Snuffles 

A huge welcome to phobics - I myself suffer from severe agoraphobia anxiety and panic- I was taken of all medications due to the affects of them no longer working

like Carol i tend to sleep a lot to avoid the depression anxietys etc 

I am sorry for my late response 

finally i hope you try the chat room where others there may be able to help you 

love dino

xXx